While planning a career path, it is important to cultivate skills that sustainable and required by employers. For that, knowledge of the ongoing trends in the job market is necessary. When you gather all the information about the in-demand jobs and skills in the market, you can then have a definite plan to prepare for a position in one of the most wanted and in-demand careers. The jobs or skills have hugely predicted growth in the coming years.
Here, we will discuss the top five in-demand jobs and skills in the market that are likely to grow twice in demand in 2021.
- Top Five In-demand Jobs in 2020
- Software Engineer
- Business Development Manager
- Sales Manager
- Business Analyst
- Content Writer
- Top Five In-demand Skills in 2020
- Sales Management
- Team Leadership
Top Five In-Demand Jobs in 2020
1. Software Engineer: Software Engineers are the experts who are answerable for testing, planning, improvement, maintenance, and the advancement of computer software for business just as close to home use. They apply the standards of arithmetic, science, engineer a lot in planning and designing software.
According to reports, software engineering jobs are expected to grow by 32% over the next few years. They are required by all kinds of organizations (IT or not), hence they can expect various job profiles such as:
- Web Developer
- Mobile App Developer
- Business Information Analyst
- Computer System Analyst
- Quality Assurance Manager
Average Salary in India: During the beginning of their career, software engineers receive an average of Rs. 3,50,000 per year. This amount doubles up with increasing years of experience. A software engineer with 10 years of experience can expect much higher packages.
2. Business Development Manager: A Business Development Manager is answerable for recognizing new business openings for the company to improve benefits and create income. Other than this, he is likewise liable for setting up associations with expected customers, exploring leads, and organizing gatherings for sales executives. The fundamental occupation of a Business Development Manager is to improve the tasks, notoriety, or position of the company in the market. Business Development Managers can expect employment in various sectors in the industry such as
- Digital Marketing, etc
where they can expect roles like Sales Manager, Business Head, or Business Development Executive.
Average Salary in India: An accomplished Business Development Manager with 10-19 years of experience acquires an average salary of ₹988,451 in India, dependent on 639 pay rates.
3. Sales Manager: Sales Managers are responsible for directing organizations’ sales teams. Sales Goals, Data Analysis, Traning Programs are all organized by Sales Managers for an organization. There are two types of Sales Managers: Business-To-Business and Business-To-Consumer.
Sales Manager positions are projected to grow by 5% from 2018 to 2028. An efficient sales team is always on the lookout for profitability. As the economy develops, associations will zero in on producing new sales and will look to their sales methods as an approach to expand seriousness.
Average Salary in India: The average pay of a Sales Manager in India is ₹483,175. A Sales Manager with 10-19 years of experience has an earning of an average of ₹622,050.
4. Business Analyst: Proficient business analysts are liable for improving an organization’s competitiveness and execution across a wide range of standards. Business experts may manage groups or work freely to tackle issues and address difficulties.
Business analysts are in demand is on the grounds that their work can’t be automated. AI and automation can not take over the responsibilities of business analysts as it requires a human touch.
Top 5 industries for a Business Analyst:
Average Salary in the US & India: In the US, Business Analyst is predicted to increase from 364,000 openings to 2,720,000 by 2020. In India, A Business Analyst, IT with 10-19 years of experience earns an average of ₹1,232,216 per annum.
5. Content Writer: Content Writing is a highly demanded job as it is required in almost all the industries of work today. This is because the internet is run by good quality content filling websites, web pages, ebooks, etc.
Possible job roles of content writers:
- Content Development Specialist
- Content Strategist
- Content Head
- Content Consultant
- Content Marketing Specialist
Average Salary in India: A mid-profession Content Writer with 5-9 years of experience acquires an average pay of ₹414,086 dependent on 246 pay rates. An accomplished Content Writer with 10-19 years of experience acquires an average of ₹556,003 dependent on 53 pays.
Top Five In-Demand Skills in 2020
2. SQL: SQL is a programming language intended for querying and managing databases that are relational. With SQL, you can adjust an information base’s table structures, recover data, and produce new tables.
SQL was effectively the most referenced aptitude. Why?
- Being referenced in 35.7% of advertisements.
- For developers who work with data over 70% use SQL — more than some other language.
- Jobs opportunities- data scientists, data engineers, database administrators, data analysts, etc.
Practically the entirety of the greatest names in tech use SQL. Uber, Netflix, Airbnb — the rundown goes on. Indeed, even inside organizations like Facebook, Google, and Amazon, which have assembled their own superior database frameworks, data groups use SQL to query information and perform analysis.
3. Sales Management: A Sales Manager directs the circulation of their organization’s products to clients, which includes building up deals just as defining quotas and objectives. Filling in as the directing hand for the sales group, sales supervisors plan out the staff’s preparation programs, create techniques for the sales group to work effectively, and push colleagues to outperform short-and long haul deals targets.
Sales Management rank #3 in Best Sales and Marketing Jobs. In the US, The best-paid 25 percent made $177,830, while the least paid 25 percent made $85,150.
4. Team Leadership: Having only technical skills is not enough anymore. Organizations are now looking for employees with leadership and management skills. Some of those include:
- Strategic Thinking
- Emotional Intelligence
- Stress Management
An astounding 79% of workers will resign from their jobs because of the absence of gratefulness from their leaders.
Leaders are getting ready to deal with an entirely extraordinary age of candidates after 2020. The idea of the labor force will change in light of the fact that millennials will make up 75% of the labor force in 2025.
5. Recruiting: As the recruiting industry is continuously evolving and booming, these skills for HR professionals and Recruiters are becoming more important than ever before:
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Decision Making
- Personal Development
- Talent Pipelining
- HR Strategy
The portion of recruiters posting self-improvement skills on their profile rose 44% in 2020. What’s more, given a decision of 13 soft skills, the dominant part (53%) of respondents said that adaptability must be the #1 skill for a recruiter for 2021.
In spite of the difficulties that 2020 has brought, the new in-demand jobs and skills that have emerged from it will help both recruiters and candidates in years to come — making it simpler for them to make the wisest decision for their organizations.
As the post-pandemic phase begins, utilize this rundown of the most in-demand jobs and skills to plot your company’s learning and development needs for 2021. It’s difficult to anticipate everything the future will hold, however, the above list should give you a rough idea of what you can expect or should work on.
This blog is in reference to our latest eBook: 2020 Global Recruitment Report – Vol 1. The crater-sized interruption in the working measures that occurred in 2020 will keep on changing the scene of 2021. The development towards mechanization in HR tech throughout the most recent decade has helped the HR people group rotate this year to help their workforce from a far distance in the midst of the new remote work reality.